Vaughan is located directly north of Toronto and was the fastest-growing municipality in Canada between 1996 and 2006. Many small to large corporations call it home, so if you own a business in the area, a Vaughan shredding service is essential. Read on to learn more, and sign up for the shredding service that keeps getting better. Blue-Pencil helps clients stay at the forefront of information security and cost savings, so give us a call today!
Vaughan Shredding Service
How Our Vaughan Shredding Service Works
Blue-Pencil’s Office Shredding Program starts with a full assessment of your current policies and procedures. So, for example, we will examine the security, legal compliance, and cost efficiency of your current shredding system.
Once we have determined what records can stay and what can go and how often you need to shred, we will deliver a security console to your office. Deposit your most confidential documents to shred when the time comes.
Our console holds 100 pounds and is securely locked.
We work with you to set a collection schedule that works best for your business. At the appointed time, we come to your facility and collect the material from the security consoles.
Please note: All of our Security Representatives are highly skilled and trained in the safe handling of confidential materials.
Confidential documents are securely transported to a mobile shredding unit. There, they are destroyed on-site in an industrial shredder. Your documents never even leave the premises, so you can watch the whole process unfold!
Blue-Pencil can shred on-site using one of our trucks!
A Certificate of Destruction will be issued once your documents are securely shredded. It’s that easy!
As an added bonus, you will feel good knowing that you helped the environment! All of the shredded material is recycled at the end of each day into reusable household goods.
You can learn more about our environmental program here.
Who Needs A Vaughan Shredding Service?
All businesses and most residences have in their possession certain documents that should be shredded for a variety of reasons. These types of records include:
- Financial Documents
- Legal Documents
- Medical Records
- Academic Documents
- Personal Records
Vaughan has nearly doubled in population over the past 30 years and is home to major businesses such as:
- Canadian National Railway
- TC Transcontinental (a print facility that prints Ontario editions of the Toronto Star and National Post)
- Canada’s Wonderland
There are college campuses in town, as well as local school boards. Vaughan will also soon be home to Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. Therefore, there’s no shortage of Vaughan shredding service needs.
Blue-Pencil is committed to providing excellence in paper shredding services, as well as non-paper shredding for hard drive destruction, e-waste recycling, and product destruction to everyone in Vaughan.
Blue-Pencil’s office is in Oakville, but we come to you for a shred!
Why a Shredding Service Is Essential For Your Business
Proper document destruction is essential for your business for three major reasons:
- Stay compliant with Canadian privacy laws: Canada privacy laws for businesses and corporations are summarized by PIPEDA (the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act). A big part of PIPEDA revolves around the proper destruction of personal and confidential information. If you don’t have a shredding program, you’re at risk of information leaks or even cybersecurity breaches. Failing to comply with PIPEDA can result in audits, enforced compliance agreements, or even litigation.
- Stay up to date on recycling standards: A Vaughan shredding service will make sure your paper waste ends up in the right place. When employees are left to deal with documents, records, and other paper files, they may not always know how to properly recycle. Paper can end up in garbage cans, or in the wrong recycling bin (such as glass or plastics recycling).
- Increases productivity: Employees are often rushed or not properly trained in safe and secure document destruction and disposal. Because of this, employees may end up making mistakes, take hours out of their week to simply shred documents, or miss work altogether due to injury. Working with a secure shredding service allows everyone to focus on the day-to-day business at hand.
Make an agreement to invest in a shredding service today!
Need a Vaughan Shredding Service? Trust Blue-Pencil
Blue-Pencil offers full shredding services to the city of Vaughan and its five communities: Concord, Kleinburg, Maple, Thornhill, and Woodbridge.
The city of Vaughan has one of the strongest local economies in the Greater Golden Horseshoe and continually attracts new businesses and investments.
Blue-Pencil is proud to serve its large portfolio of clients in this area and is dedicated to providing service excellence in paper shredding services, hard drive destruction, e-waste recycling and product destruction.
Located in Oakville, we have grown our document security business over the past 10 years, serving more than 6,000 organizations across Ontario, including small and medium-sized companies as well as Fortune 500 businesses.
“Great priced, time efficient, and friendly! This secured service isn’t offered in many places. Blue-Pencil made their way to us, at an affordable rate.”
– Cathy C