One-Time Shredding Service – Frequently Asked Questions
Listed below are frequently asked questions regarding Blue-Pencil’s Office Shredding Program. If you do not find the answer you are looking for or would like more information, please contact us. Our representatives are ready to help you.
- Can I witness the destruction process?
- Do I have to remove staples, clips, binders, etc.?
- What time will you service my location?
- What type of shredding do you offer?
- What guarantee do you provide that my confidential material will be securely destroyed?
- What size jobs do you accept?
- Can you shred plastic material like tapes, cd’s and diskettes?
- What method of payment do you accept?
- What do you do with the shredded paper?
- Do you shred the boxes too?
- Do I have to box the documents for destruction?
Yes, the destruction process takes place on our mobile shredding trucks right at your location and you can witness the whole process.
No, you don’t need to remove paper clips, staples or binder clips. We do require that all 3 ring binders are removed before shredding service is scheduled.
We service clients between the hours of 7:30 am and 5:00 pm. Our Customer Service representative will call you 1 hour before the service truck arrives at your location. You can also call our office on the day of your service to get an estimated time of arrival.
Our equipment destroys the material to cross cut pieces to approximately 5/8″.
Blue-Pencil will provide you with a Certificate of Destruction immediately after the shredding process is completed.
No job is too large or too small. We are able to accommodate jobs as small as one box to as large as 100,000+ boxes.
Yes, additional charges do apply for the destruction on non-paper material. Please keep non-paper material separate from paper documents.
We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, cash and cheque.
All shredded material is 100% recycled.
No we do not destroy the boxes your confidential paper is in. You can reuse the boxes or we can break down the boxes for recycling.
Your material does not have to be boxed. You can use any storage means you have (i.e. plastic bins, plastic bags or other). We can handle loose material too.